When you see new babies growing, experiment with dividing and growing yourself new houseplants! Different types of plants have different propagation methods, this weekend we’ll focus on a method called Division, applicable to Snake Plants, Zanzibar Gems, Magenta Triostars, Parlor Palms, Elephant’s Ears, Birds of Paradise and Peace Lilies.
- Step 1: Find a pot that is proportionate to the size of your new plant, smaller than larger is best, and get some new soil.
- Step 2: Remove the mother plant from the nursery pot and clear the soil from the roots.
- Step 3: Identify where you would like to divide the plant and gently pull apart the roots or use a sharp knife.
- Step 4: Plant your cutting deep enough into the new pot so that the roots can be covered and the top will be stable.
- Step 5: Lightly water your new plant and place it in bright, but not direct light.
Voila! Now you have a new plant! Don’t forget to nicely plant the mother back in her home and enjoy as mother nature takes its course.
Our plant doctors are available 24/7 for any questions about keeping your plants happy and healthy! Email us anytime email@example.com